All 2017 meetings will be in the Juniper Room on the 2nd Monday from 10am – noon.
Our special summer meeting will be Monday, June 12th from about 11:30am to 3pm.
Jan 09th – Debra Rogers, Outreach Coordinator, Hamilton Relay, CapTel Phone. – The CapTel app provides captioning on a smartphone. Logging onto hamiltoncaptel.com on a comp or tablet, captions can be read on any phone.
Feb 13th – Toni Barrient. So CA State Chapter Coordinator.
– Consumer Guide to Purchasing Hearing Aids.
Mar 13th – Holly Skinner, West Coast Sales Representative for Desyncra, Inc.
– Tinnitus: it’s Causes & Effects, and New Technology to Bring Relief.
Apr 10th – Brad Ingrao Au.D. Long Beach Veterans Administration.
– Assistive Devices Beyond Hearing Aids, VA help and Ask Dr. Brad.
May 08th – Rachel Burnett. Au.D. Mission Audiology.
– Personalized hearing treatment and risks of untreated hearing loss.
Jun 12th – Special Summer Meeting.
– Mark Wohlgemuth, M.D.
– Ask the Doctor.
Jul 10th – Steering Committee Meeting: Speaker Mtg Not Planned at This Time.
Aug 14th – Steering Committee Meeting: Speaker Mtg Not Planned at This Time.
Sep 11th – Stephani Rose, Au.D. Dir. of Audiology, Orange Coast Hearing Specialists. – Hearing Loss & Cognitive Decline. New Book: Five Keys to HA Success.
– Kyle Riley. Guest Services Coordinator at the SCFA in Costa Mesa.
– Services provided by SCFA for those with hearing loss.
– Sahar Malekpour. Assistant Manager. Edwards Aliso Viejo Theaters.
– Services provided by Edwards Theaters for those with hearing loss.
Oct 09th – Dr. Joni Doherty, Au.D., Shohet Ear Associates, Newport & Seal Beach. – Ototoxic Drugs.
– Roberta Smith. Outreach Specialist, CA Telephone Access Program, CTAP.
– How CTAP provides help and services for the hearing impaired.
Nov 13th – Ann Mundell-Noel, Audiologist. Ultimate Hearing
– Coping with the Holidays.
Dec 11th – Holiday Social Meeting.
– Penny Flaherty, M.A. Deaf Education, Speech Pathology & Audiology, Associate Faculty, Saddleback College.
– Lip Reading for the Hearing Impaired.